Supervisor – Meat Processing (Boning Room)
Cannon Hill, Brisbane
- Australian owned & operated industry leader
- Convenient inner eastern suburb location
- Career development opportunities
About us: Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. Being 100% Australian owned & operated, we employ over 1,500 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 300,000 head of cattle across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feedlotting through to our state of the art food processing and value-add packing facility. See more about us here!
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, this is a challenging, fast paced role, needing a highly effective and experienced food processing leader. Joining our Primary Processing team and covering either AM or PM shift, you’ll oversee the day to day operational activity to ensure effective and efficient Boning Room production. This position is also responsible for:
- Liaison and coordination with staff, managers, supervisors, planners, maintenance and our support crew to ensure smooth operations within the Boning Room
- Maintaining productive working relationships with other departments
- Ensuring that all production complies with current quality and performance measures & indicators
- Monitoring achievement of targets for planned production e.g. schedule, efficiency, waste & yields etc
- Driving a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Leading a productive, highly engaged & high performing team
- Ensuring safe work practices and Standard Operational Procedures are followed at all times
The nature of this role demands an enthusiastic, self-motivated, decisive person with a positive attitude and the ability lead a results driven team. Along with demonstrated success in similar role within a red meat processing facility, the successful candidate will bring:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills & the ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Practical knowledge and application of continuous improvement principles & methodologies
- A practical knowledge & understanding of QA and HACCP methodologies
- Be reliable with strong work ethic
- Flexibility to work both day / afternoon shifts and some weekend work when required
- Solid literacy and numeracy skills
- Intermediate computer skills
Loyalty is at the heart of all we do. It harks from the Lee family and it is particularly present in our people.
Change is not for change's sake - we value beneficial change that improves our business.
We value truth and transparency – we need this to collaborate and trust each other and to achieve our full potential.
We value personal ownership. We take responsibility for ourselves, our relationships, our time management, our workspaces and tools. We are honest and full of integrity and this maximises our contribution.
We value human life. The lives of every member of our team are of equal value and every person who enters our site should leave our site in good health. Some of our team members have more dangerous jobs than others and we all work harder to ensure they stay safe. We also value the lives of all humans, including our customers and their customers whose safety relies on this value.
We know our customers keep us in business which ensures our jobs. We know that our customers have their own customers who include our friends, our families and other people we don't know.