Casual Chefs and Cooks
Adelaide Oval, SA
South Australia's leading Hospitality employer, Adelaide Oval, are recruiting for Hospitality professionals to join our award winning team!
- Join our successful, award-winning, world-class Hospitality team;
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work a variety of major events;
- Learn a range of new skills and work alongside Australia's leading Hospitality professionals.
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 160 full-time staff, plus 1,700 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo and provides staffing solutions for large scale events such as Clipsal 500.
Chefs and Cooks (Casual)
Adelaide Oval are seeking experienced, casual Chefs and Cooks to join our fun and professional kitchen brigade.
In particular we are seeking those with experience in:
- Functions & Events
- Hot & Cold Production Kitchens
- Pastry Production Kitchens
- Stadium Restaurants
The ability to adapt to different kitchen requirements and work alongside a diverse team of professionals is a must for Chefs and Cooks at Adelaide Oval.
Applicants with Food Handling qualifications will be highly regarded.
To be successful you will have:
- Cert II in Commercial Cookery and/or Cert III in Commercial Cookery or the equivalent (Government Issued and stamped);
- A strong work ethic and a passion for preparing high quality food;
- The ability to maintain high workloads, and meet deadlines within specific time frames;
- The ability to follow reasonable instructions in a safe and timely manner;
- Knowledge of food rotation procedures and appropriate storage of food;
- The ability to work under pressure and work on your feet for long periods;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day roster, including nights.
Multiple positions are available for this exciting opportunity.
*All Adelaide Oval Hospitality employees must obtain a valid Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate and Food Handling qualifications. Applicants with existing qualifications will be highly regarded. Adelaide Oval provides online learning opportunities for employees to obtain these required qualifications.
To be shortlisted you must be available to attend:
- An interview at Adelaide Oval between 25-26th July (includes practical assessment and will take approximately 1.5 hours)
- Compulsory Adelaide Oval Orientation session
When applying for this position, please outline your experience as it relates to the selection criteria. Your CV can be submitted after you hit the "Next" button below.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 20th July 2017.