Who We Are
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and customer service orientated individual who is looking to start their career in the Hospitality Industry. As a Hospitality Trainee you will learn industry skills on the job while completing a Certificate III in Hospitality over a continuous, full time, 24 month period.
We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude and someone who is willing to learn and develop their skills within the industry. If you are looking to start your career by gaining hands on skills and a passion to learn all facets of venue hospitality we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level support and administrative assistance to the Venue Hospitality team.
- Assist with the preparation of staff rosters for major event days, including liaison with staff and the Workforce Co-ordinators.
- Delivering outstanding customer service while building rapport with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the delivery of all Food and Beverage services at Adelaide Oval.
- Provide support to all areas of Adelaide Oval business operations - including our Retail, Corporate, Café and the Function and Events divisions.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you must be 18 years or over and have no prior qualifications at a Certificate III level or higher.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- An interest in hospitality administration and possess an ongoing ability to complete tasks in a range of software programs ie Delphi, Inzenius Labour Logistics, Scout Talent, Microsoft Excel & Outlook (training will be provided);
- Demonstrable customer service and/or hospitality experience;
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent personal presentation and clear spoken/written English; and
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines while remaining calm and effective under pressure.
Please note that out of hours work will be a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend, night and public holiday work.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 25 May 2018
To be considered for this role you must apply via our careers website by completing the application form together with submitting your cover letter and CV.