Cafe Manager, Koffee Ink
Adelaide Oval and Elder Park
Set on the Adelaide Oval Telstra Plaza and at Elder Park overlooking the picturesque River Torrens you’ll find our Koffee Ink Cafés — the perfect spot to enjoy breakfast, lunch or a coffee and cake catch up with friends or colleagues.
Whether you’re after a hearty meal, a light snack or a refreshing drink, we have a wide range of tempting options to suit everyone - think gourmet pizzas, healthy rolls and wraps and nutritious salads. Quiches, homemade pastries, cakes and tarts and an ice-cream bar are also on offer. Dine in or take away, the option is yours.
Our experienced baristas have you covered with a variety of blends that will delight and impress coffee connoisseurs.
Koffee Ink is open to the public seven days a week - from 7:30 till 4pm Monday to Friday and 9am till 3pm on weekends.
Cafe Manager (Full-Time)
Our Koffee Ink Café has recently expanded to open a new venue located on the opposite side of the river at Elder Park. As such, we are now searching for an experienced Café Manager who brings together a hands-on leadership approach and a creative, new age business mindset. With an experienced team at the core, these little lattes will enable you to brew up exciting new concepts to deliver a service that is fun, fresh and appealing to a wide customer base.
In this newly created position, the Café Manager will drive the success of the Koffee Ink brand and take full ownership of the development of this growing portfolio.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading, developing and retaining a close-knit team of staff by fostering a culture of exceptional performance;
- Planning and coordinating Koffee Ink operations to achieve short and long term business goals;
- Building and maintaining rapport with customers to ensure repeat business and experience across both venues;
- Managing operational reports, forecasting, budgets, projects and future plans;
- General management of both venues; including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, marketing, team KPIs/targets; and
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a large volume CBD or urban café and/or five-star hotel café;
- Hospitality management in a multi-functional F&B environment
- Proven experience in managing staff and leading team initiatives including workforce planning, performance management and training and development;
- Outstanding personal presentation and excellent oral and written communication;
- Strong commercial acumen
- Passion to drive and influence change while thinking innovatively to achieve great things;
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines while remaining calm and effective under pressure.
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends, public holidays.
Applications close at 9:00am 11 December 2018
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.