Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A) Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Junior Designer (Full-time)
At Adelaide Oval, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. As a Junior Designer, you'll work in a multidisciplinary environment, applying your conceptual skills and craftsmanship to provide incredible outcomes and strong results.
The Junior Designer at Adelaide Oval will approach every project with fresh eyes. Creative briefs are the launchpad for you to uncover additional information and insights that underpin your concepts. You'll also bring an entrepreneurial approach to thinking beyond briefs. You work closely with the marketing teams to identify, develop and sell ideas that solve important problems, conjuring up approaches that they may not have asked for – or even thought possible.
About the role
Creative Contribution and Craft
- Contribute to the creation and conceptualisation of all work with a specific emphasis on design and visualisation.
- Have excellent knowledge of design principles and their application across branded environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the latest global innovations in design and digital media.
- Ensuring our design is up to date and current and keep up to date with trends.
- Creating visually exciting work.
Creative Reputation and Profile
- Initiate new ideas and pro-actively contribute to briefs and strategy.
- Present work with confidence and insight.
- Inspire others to maintain a level of excellence.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of Adelaide Oval processes.
- Share your ideas on the importance of design at Adelaide Oval.
- Contribute to the sense of team at Adelaide Oval.
- Build strong relationship across the business with all business units.
- Collaborate and foster a shared agenda to develop and produce great work for Adelaide Oval.
The Junior Designer at Adelaide Oval should have:
- Excellence in design for all disciplines and a high standard of technical competence.
- Ability to contribute to design presentations.
- Knowledge of the latest global design and digital trends.
- Working experience of industry software (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Knowledge of web CMS systems.
- Ability to balance great design with meeting deadlines.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that enable you to articulate the ‘why’ behind your concepts.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A problem-solver at heart who loves to help their colleagues.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Monday, 17 February 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.