Who We Are
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
Adelaide Oval employs more than 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including; operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, we also oversee the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink (Adelaide Oval and Elder Park) and the newly opened Maltshovel Taphouse on the Riverbank.
Apprentice Chefs - 1st Year
Adelaide Oval are looking to appoint 1st Year Apprentice Chefs to join our successful Hospitality team.
Do you have a passion for food and cooking? Are you committed to pursuing a career in the hospitality industry? If so, Adelaide Oval have a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and knowledge in a professional, supportive and fun environment as a part of our Apprenticeship Program.
Adelaide Oval is committed to assisting you develop your skills and knowledge by combining on-the-job training with the completion of a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
An apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start a rewarding and exciting career in hospitality. Adelaide Oval offer a unique programme with opportunities for long-term job opportunities.
To be successful as an Apprentice Chef you will have:
- A passion for high quality food and cooking
- An enthusiastic approach and desire to learn in a fast paced Kitchen environment
- The commitment and reliability to undertake on-the-job training
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Flexibility to work over a 7 day roster, including nights
If you believe you have the passion and commitment we will provide you with ample opportunity to excel in your chosen career in hospitality.
Adelaide Oval will provide an Apprentice Chef with:
- New modern kitchens and facilities
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Fully maintained uniform items
- The opportunity to learn from and work alongside renowned hospitality professionals
- Future career advancement opportunities
Multiple opportunities are available at first year level.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A basic understanding of the Hospitality industry
- Preferably some school or tertiary education in the area of hospitality and/or catering
- Food handling work experience as a minimum.
- A personal passion for cooking
- A desire to learn new skills and challenge yourself with new experiences
- Demonstrated commitment to an apprenticeship programme (maximum duration 4 years).
Out of hours work is a requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval. This includes weekend work and working on Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
The vacant Apprentice Chef positions are due to commence in March 2019.
Applications close at 5:00pm on 22nd February 2019.
To be considered for this role you must apply via our careers website by completing the application form together with submitting your cover letter and CV and where possible a recent school report.